Gymnastics for Pole Vauling
Date(s) - 01/03/15
9:00 am - 11:00 am
Every Saturday unless noted or posted!
Jump rope and core training
- Stretching for pole vault
- Basic tumbling:
- Stoop walks
- Forward roll straight jump, tuck jump, straddle jump, full twist.
- Stalter forward rolls (advanced stalter to handstand)
- Handstand forward roll (straight arms)
- Handstand walks
- Back extension rolls
- Straight arm back extension rolls
- Straight arm back extension roll half turn
- Straight arm back extension roll hops over a bungee
Pole Vault Specific Gymnastics:
- Rock back drills
- Getting inverted drills
- Swinging form your hands NOT your hips
- Shoots (Advanced)
- Giants (Advanced)
These drills will concentrate on developing FULL inverted extension next to the pole.
- Swings (Swing to handstand)
- Basket swings
- Peach Drills (Peach to handstand Advanced drill)
- Moy swing drills
These drills will concentrate on developing Open shouldered angles.
- Pull overs
- Back hip circles
- Free hip circles
- Free hip circle to handstand
- Free hip circle ½ turn to handstand
These drills will develop energy transfer from take-off, through the swing phase, to the inversion of the pole.
Pole vault gymnastics will concentrate on the following:
- Take off position
- Open shoulder angle
- Proper head position
- Energy transfer
- Core strength and stability
- Kinesthetic awareness ( knowing where our body is in space) (kinesthetic. The definition of kinesthetic relates to learning through feeling such as a sense of body position, muscle movement and weight as felt through nerve endings. An example of kinesthetic is the nature of a workout in gym class.)
- Proper posture
- Body Control
Bookings are closed for this event.